Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Benefits of House Plants


Not my house (only in my dreams). Photo credit: here


One of my newest interior design obsessions is house plants. Real ones. Sure the plastic ones are much easier, but who wants easy right? Seriously though, besides being hipster-chic and earthy indoor pants have amazing health benefits!

The truth is, is that even if you are a crazy neat freak your home is filled with nasty chemicals you don't even realize you're breathing in. Problem solved, just invite some green house guests to stay! As my husband would point out if he read this, these chemicals infact won't kill us. But really, if they look beautiful and do your health a solid why not?

Most of them are super easy to take care of. I myself have 4 and some air plants (not sure what they do except look pretty and are expensive) . I water every three days or so (watering when the top soil becomes dry). And use these fertilizer spikes. Each one last for up to a month, then you just simply dig it up and replace it, or you can be lazy like me and just leave it in and put another one in.

I've had my plants for about 3 months or so, and not that this is a solid scientific theory or anything, but, I've noticed that my asthma and allergies have improved a bit.

Here is a great source of specific benefits.

What are your favorite house plants?

No comments:

Post a Comment